New Street Triple 2017
The most explosive, exhilarating, agile and intuitive performance street motorcycles we’ve ever made.
Whether you’re taking on the city streets, seeking the perfect line in the twisties, or hitting apex after apex on a race circuit – the revolution starts here.
- Three new models to suit every rider and style
- Introducing the all-new Street Triple S, Street Triple R and Street Triple RS
- Each with a unique level of power, performance, technology and suspension
- Each with their own distinctive attitude, from addictive everyday fun to full track weapon
- More power, performance and torque, and an even richer soundtrack
- All-new 765cc engine derived from the celebrated Triumph Daytona
- 3 power choices, all with more power and torque than the previous generation
– Street Triple S with up to 6.6% more and 113PS peak power @ 11,250 rpm
– Street Triple R with up to 11.3% more and118PS peak power @ 12,000 rpm
– Street Triple RS with up to 16% more and 123PS peak power @ 11,700 rpm
- Lighter freer flowing exhaust, revised air box, gearbox and new slip and assist clutch
- State of the art rider focussed technology
- New ride-by-wire throttle with up to five riding modes
- New full colour 5” angle adjustable TFT instruments (R & RS)
- New switchgear incorporating a 5 way joystick (R & RS)
- Quickshifter and lap timer (RS)
- Lighter, more agile and better handling
- Lighter than the previous generation, and still the lightest bike in its class
- All new gullwing rear swingarm for improved higher speed stability
- Higher level specification of suspension, brakes and tyres
- More attitude, sharper styling and a higher level of finish
- More of the Speed Triple’s ‘nose-down’ focussed attitude
- More contemporary and aggressive lines, with new bodywork and sportier twin seat
- Higher quality finish and detailing throughout with new premium colour schemes.
More power, performance, torque and a richer triple soundtrack
Developed from the celebrated race bred ‘Daytona’ engine, the new 765cc Street Triple engine delivers a major step up in power and torque. With more than 80 new parts including new crank, pistons and Nikasil plated aluminium barrels and an increased bore and stroke. The result is a significant advance in performance, particularly low-down and in the mid-range.
Each of the new models come with their own unique engine set-up, ECU and tune, each tailored to deliver the character, power and performance best suited to the bike’s style of ride and rider.
The ‘S’ tune provides up to 6.6% more peak power than the previous generation with 113PS @ 11,250rpm and delivers a 7.3% increase in peak torque at 73Nm @ 9,100rpm.
The ‘R’ tune, with its own model-specific crankshaft, increases peak power by up to 11.3% over the previous ‘R’ model, delivering 118PS @ 12,000rpm, and delivers a 13% increase in peak torque at 77Nm @ 9,400rpm.
The ‘RS’ tune delivers the highest level of performance ever for a Street Triple, with a power increase of up to 16% over the previous model, delivering 123PS @ 11,700rpm and a peak torque increase of 13%, providing 77Nm @ 10,800rpm. There are riding modes on all models to help the rider better harness the increased power and torque in every riding condition. A richer sound track, from a lighter, free flowing exhaust and revised airbox delivers an intoxicating and more distinctive induction howl.
Stronger than ever acceleration and slicker gear changes are achieved through a combination of revised gearbox geometry and shorter 1st and 2nd gear ratios. In addition, on the R and RS models, a new slip and assist clutch set up delivers lighter clutch action and reduced lever effort for more control and riding comfort.
Courtisy of Triumph Motorcycles Birmingham UK - Call: 0121 766 4940